Monday, June 28

La Belgique

La Sconita is back in business...this time north of Paris in the lovely old city of Brussels. Seeing as I spent my whole day in work and yesterday at my host-family's country house, I haven't actually seen much of the city yet. I plan to rectify that somewhat tomorrow after work.

Anne picked me up at the airport yesterday and we set off for their country house where they were having a family reunion. Twelve sun-soaked, French-filled and exhausting hours later we headed back to Brussels, where I mostly just fell asleep. Right now I'm in my friend's room, but at the end of the week will move into an apartment downstairs that's currently occupied by another student. It has its own kitchen, bathroom, and yard :)





I made it to my internship today without a problem. I was very happy to note that the buildings are next to a lovely park- le parc de bruxelles. I walked around my neighborhood a bit after work (we work from 9-6 every day like the EU buildings), but was too tired to go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment