Thursday, March 5

I become tired

The last two days have been extremely long, but not without their good points. Wednesday found me going to two museums- the Cluny Museum and the Louvre- both for classes. The Cluny was for my lit class and was all about the middle ages. I have to say that I was not too inspired, but I think that has to do with the fact that I've about reached my limit on museums for a week or so. The Louvre, for art history class, was an hour and a half jog around the huge building, while scribbling notes and feeling like my arms where going to fall off. At that point, Wednesday was not going down as a win for me. BUT then I went to an amazing bookstore (where I got an awesome book) and a fairly decent cafe where I had some legit conversation with a new amiga and all was right with the world again.

Thursday. Again, not the most promising beginning. For reasons unknown, my university decided to switch our classroom. Ok. Me and two other girls go to find the new classroom and run into about three more girls along the way (half of our class). We find the classroom. It's locked. We wait. For 30 minutes. Something is now obviously wrong and we go to the administration people and ask whats wrong. They insist that we had the room right and that there was in fact a teacher in there. ??? We go back to the classroom, no one there. We look at a map. It appears we are in the correct location. We go back to the administration people, they get crabby. This is when I got crabby. The six of us had been following the clearly marked signs for room C24. Ok. The administration lady takes us to a different set of stairs, where the sign is marked for rooms C12-23. And there is the classroom, with the teacher and the other half of the class. WHAT was going on, I have no idea. In any case, a late afternoon trip to the Musée D'Orsay cheered me up.

I'll be in Rennes this weekend, from Friday to Monday, visiting the dear bf, so I will talk to you all again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment