Tuesday, March 10

Rennes

This weekend I went to Rennes on my longest voyage outside of Paris thus far. It's the capital of Brittany, the most mocked of all French regions I believe (although in close competition with the south). Besides seeing Jack, highlights include the Thabor Park and the Musée des Beaux-Arts. Brittany is also the crepes and cider headquarters of France, which are probably two of my most favorite foods in the world.

It was really nice to be in a city that is about the size I'm used to (Madison-sized). They have one tiny little metro line, compared to more than a dozen in Paris. Also, one could actually eat out without going bankrupt. Quelle surprise.

Anyways, it was a really nice and relaxing weekend. After a two hour train ride back to Paris (SO much easier than flying) I discovered that my converter (necessary for charging my computer, which was dead) had completely stopped working. Level three trauma which resulted in me dropping another 40 dollars today to buy another because I couldn't exchange it (having had the previous one for more than 15 days) and in me whining all day about technology.

Happy ending- after two pain au chocolats (croissants with chocolate in them) and some candy I have revived myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment