Tuesday, March 31

Tuesday

Today was Tuesday and I had a bunch of class. But fun things happened too. For example, I took the bus two times and the metro only once! +2 points. At lunch I went to the Franprix (tiny grocery store) across the street from my school to get something to drink with my lunch. Ok, and dessert. And the Franprix is really small and there's always this one woman working the checkout. I know because I go there at least three times a week for my drink and dessert combo. So today I get up to the checkout and the lady sees me and starts laughing! Admittedly I am a bit silz, but no where else can you get a drink and dessert for under 2 euro. So +2 points for making the lady laugh instead of making her cranky and +2 points for getting mini éclair balls dipped covered in chocolate pudding for 1 euro 40 centimes. Then I watched the news to prepare myself for my oral comprehension test next week and was treated to a long section on all the international politicking going on (ie, the G20 summit). +2 points. The French news and the NY Times also told me about French workers detaining their bosses in their offices for like 24 hours to pressure them into keeping workers on through the recession, or at least giving them better severance packages. I have to say that I wouldn't want to be the boss- the news showed like 20 Joes crammed into an office, putting their faces right up by the poor guy's face and not really saying the nicest things. He is not going anywhere- and what happens when lunch rolls around or you need the bathroom? It's happened in three companies so far. I'm not sure which way the points go on this one. However, today was a win.

1 comment:

  1. Hey woman, did you see the Colbert episode with the segment on the French detaining their bosses. It's amazing, I highly suggest you watch it if you haven't seen it yet! I love when he goes, "Mon Dieu!" haha.

    ReplyDelete