Sunday, March 29

La Défense

Today, at the request of my host-mom's little nieces, we ate lunch at McDo. Read- Mcdonald's. I've kind of been wanting to eat there because I've heard its different from chez moi. However, Mickey D's was still Mickey D's. The hamburgers tasted the same as the ones I ate when I was five years old (kind of disgustingly delicious). I once read in the Economist that the price of a BigMac was a better indicator of a currency's value than the exchange rate. For example- it would be way more expensive in England than in the US, but somewhere in between these two in the Eurozone. Sadly, I forgot to note the price, so I might have to go back for a McFlurry once it gets a little warmer out.

After lunch we had to drop the girls off at their grandparents house out by La Défense. This area isn't actually in Paris, but it basically still is Paris. There are tons of high rise apartments and even taller office buildings- think downtown Chicago. Even though I wouldn't necessarily want to work or live out there, the sun shining on the reflective sides of all the buildings made the neighborhood look pretty sharp. However, there were no cafes or stores around the huge office buildings, just impenetrable looking towers, which would be pretty depressing on a cloudy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment